- To encourage members to save for a specific period, this special deposit account allows members an easy way to put aside money for their Christmas holiday expenditure.
- It is a wise way to plan for Christmas shopping without taking a loan.
- This plan is available to all members and offers interest at the rate of 4%.
- It is available from January to October of each year.
- Members are expected to make regular deposits throughout the duration of the plan.
- The Funds from the Plan are available for withdrawal from October 31st annually at which time interest is earned on this account. Members must withdraw all funds accumulated by December 31st of the said year, otherwise it would automatically be transferred to his/her Share Account.
- Withdrawal before October 31st would result in the loss of all interest payment and the balance on the fund would immediately be transferred to an Ordinary Deposit Account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you wil need to provide: Completed application form with Proof of Address: Utility bill, Bank Statement, Driver’s License Identification: Two Photo Identification (National ID, Passport, Driver’s License), Evidence of Source of Income: Example:Remittance Receipt
Notarized and completed Application FormnnProof of Address:nUtility bill, Bank Statement, Driver’s LicensennIdentification:nTwo Photo Identification (ID, Passport, Driver’s License)nnSource of Income:nNotorized Employment Letter, Salary SlipnnCopy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable) which must be in color and notarizednnAll original documents must be sent via mailnDeposits can be sent in the form of: international Postal order Documents should be coloured and notarized and can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members are able to sign up for our online baking in the comfort of their homes. https://bsdc.onlinecu.com/geccu/#/sign-upnnYou can use the above link to enroll for our Home banking service.nFor users enrolling for the first time. nYou can use your Account number as Login ID & Email address to sign up nnPlease note the email address used must match the email address on our system.
To add a beneficiary to your account, you may visit the Member Services Department at any GECCU branch and speak with a representative. However, members can also submit a notarized letter instructing us to update their beneficiary. Please note that the letter must include; name, date of birth, address and contact numbers for each beneficiary to be added to the account.
Our Minimum Loan criteria is as follows
1. Only members can qualify for loans.
2. Members must have the minimum share requirement.
That minimum share requirement would depend on the type/purpose of the loan
Generally, our Loans Officers would look at:
1. The applicant’s ability to repay the loan
2. The conditions for the loan that being there must be a clear purpose for the loans. Adequate information must be given.
3. A good repayment history is vital
4. If necessary additional security would have to be provided
Interest is paid annually at a rate determined by the Board of Directors.n
Do you still have questions?
Contact us using the form below